Search This Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Denison -Granville Community Update and Leithauser Plans

Want to know how Denison is welcoming students back to campus and Granville? How are faculty, staff , and students launching our Fall semester?  Please take the time to listen/watch this: https://reopen.denison.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360051886794-August-4-2020-Information-Session-Granville-Community   THANK YOU Granville Village, Granville Township and Granville Chamber of Commerce and Denison senior leadership (and behind the scenes staff) for this informative video!  THANK YOU for all that is being done to keep us moving forward.

People have been asking me- are you working? or how are you working? Will you return to the hill.  The answer- yes working, yes remotely- I have not been sharing here on the blog the recent ups and downs of remote office time.  On campus- not really, no- maybe an occasional pick up- drop off- interaction here and there but I'm in the team to: reduce density, eliminate need for clean-up and care- all energy needs to be on students, classes, engagement for students and learning.  This means I am challenged as each of you are in personal and professional life to be creative, patient, flexible, and positive.  This is not easy even for me.  I'm better in the morning.

While I'm answering questions I'm also going to say- Sally is a "go to school" for the GHS and we hope it happens.  I understand the need (and we do) to wear masks- not easy for long periods- but important.  I understand the need to limit engagement, big groups and we are- hair cut really should become a priority for September for me.  We're not having a Derby party when the Run for the Roses 2020 happens in Sept- sigh....We are watching and trying to understand the data, the science AND keep things moving forward in healthy, positive ways.  I could go on and on- there will be those reading that disagree with me. Joe and I (the we) in this post are in very similar places on most things- often I find it my reaction and ability to articulate a counter opinion in various groups.  

The plan for Peter is to go in-person on Saturday to Wabash! I'll blog about it after the fact- big, exciting times all the more so in COVID.  So proud of his prep.  Clare- Wooster plans altered yesterday to delay and start with remote for two weeks- staggering move in- fingers crossed we deliver her in August but not the date she had planned.  She is rolling with the disappointments- no field hockey competition, but hopefully in-person practice.

Life on Newark-Granville Road- #Denisonproud- please watch the video and explore the Guide to Fall 2020 site and being creative, open, flexible and real!

No comments: