Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Missing Beth

Updated 9/3/20- now if you follow the link you'll read the beautiful obituary- well done. Having written one recently I know what goes into this important chronicle. I appreciate so very much the direction to honor Beth's life with a scholarship, here is that information:

The family is establishing a scholarship focused on Cosmetology in Beth’s memory. Please send memorial contributions to the Licking County Foundation, P.O. Box 4212, Newark OH 43058-4212 or make a contribution online to the Licking County Foundation’s unrestricted fund in memory of Beth by visiting www.thelcfoundation.org.

Posted Beth Barton Eckels-  Honoring Beth's Life I am thinking, praying and caring for her children, mother, husband, siblings, nieces, nephews, cousins, step mother, dearest friends and clients.  I am thinking of those like me that enjoyed each opportunity to sit in her chair and allow her to care and do magic, talk, listen and catch-up.  I am mourning these days.

We went through over sixteen year of sharing life as mothers to children and big dogs with so many friends and things in common.  (I love thinking back to when we didn't know one another Ben and Clare were together at Little Village.)  Every time I was at Designs by Beth I would learn about how she was caring for someone- taking chicken and noodles, arranging something special for someone going through something not so nice or just aligning actions in her way.  She kept it real- we compared notes on the ups and downs of family life, ultimately she would shrug her shoulders and take it back to the good and the now.  I loved Beth and know she loved me.  I know how much she loved her family and closest friends.  She felt the love of this town, the Florida sun, those pups and God.   She was love.  Karen Chakoians's sermon today expressed that so beautifully.

I've been saying she leaves a beautiful legacy on the Facebook posts and want to share that here.  Her children and grandbaby are beautiful and carry her light.  Her good and care inspires others. I am so sad she is gone. I believe in heaven and her spirit shining on earth through all that were touched by her.  We will honor and remember her.  I am making sure we all have seen these details. Information to honor Beth's Beautiful Life  Beth was discreet- so many of us may not have known we were clients if we didn't happen to pass on the path or in the chair on Hankinson.  We should make sure to reach out and connect with one another and celebrate Beth.  In my life on Newark-Granville Road I am missing her, continuing to love her and thinking and holding all of those in prayer in this place.


Continued update on 9/3/20:
I dress for the day- dressing for the calling hours...and then the first athletic event in the new stadium- Field Hockey!! Beth loved Gamedays so it will be appropriate to go cheer for Sally and these girls.  What I so wish is I'd be in her chair to talk and reflect all about it in a few days. I'm thinking about how to support this family in their time of grief.  Having recently been on the receiving end of care at the loss of a family member I've learned some things.  First- flowers are nice.  I use to poo-poo flowers- they die, you get so many..I love each delivery and bloom in April.  I also loved each card and food delivery.  We couldn't eat everything. We couldn't even use the full generous door dash gift card- but it went to good use later...it stayed with us.  Each thoughtful gesture, word, look, text mattered.  If you are thinking- should you go to one of the events- tonight or Saturday- the answer is- yes- if you feel safe. COVID will keep some at home and that should be the case. If we have any symptoms we should not go.  Send a card- it matters, call, email, drop something at a home...and please consider supporting the scholarship!  I just love this option and we will make a gift here:

The family is establishing a scholarship focused on Cosmetology in Beth’s memory. Please send memorial contributions to the Licking County Foundation, P.O. Box 4212, Newark OH 43058-4212 or make a contribution online to the Licking County Foundation’s unrestricted fund in memory of Beth by visiting www.thelcfoundation.org.


Prayers and peace to all of us missing the love of Beth.

No comments: