Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Hello, Morning Bike Ride

Amazing how a simple bike ride to the store can provide such joy.  I went for milk and came home with a Christmas favorite updated- mint ice cream sandwiches, thanks, Velvet. I love your Candy Cane version of these!
Actually, the highlight was seeing three people I have not seen in ages.  Thank you Tom Evans for sharing the Alan Aldin quote about surfing in the sea of uncertainty!  Regular readers know I love "Sit Loosely in the Saddle of Life" Robert Lewis Stevenson, before this I too loved the image of surfing. I'm not a surfer- tried it once and ended up with a black eye.  If I was near the beach I'd try harder to embrace as I love to be in the water, floating, paddling and taking a ride.  I love to swim in the waves- go up and down, under and over and that is indeed what COVID and August bring. Checking in with DU professors and friends the Bakers did my soul good.

Life on Newark-Granville Road is in the busy time- it always is as we get ready to send kids, welcome Denisonians, and catch-up from the summer pace, and breaks.  I want to be on the golf course and at the pool but the office calls. This year I added the final exam for my Ethics of Philanthropy class to end July! I have to say I loved the class and am really enjoying all that is being presented in important ways- future blog post coming soon! The COVID decisions, stress, worry, and extra efforts certainly make it all the more effortful- good word Karen.  My advice- get outside, go for a ride, walk, run, swim and enjoy the friends you can see along the way.  I did!

No comments: