Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

Good luck James and Kristy- Book Launch!

Quick post today- congratulations to James Clear '08 (Denison) on the release of his book:  Atomic Habits! https://jamesclear.com/about  Visit his website to learn more, order the book- 40% off- tomorrow is launch date- woo hoo! I work very closely with his partner, wife, spouse- Kristy Barngrover Clear '10.

I'm looking forward to this read- the full title is:  

Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones


I could go on and on about why I think I need to read this book.  I've broken a bad habit- nail biting, or have I?   Sally loves to help me remove my hands from my mouth.  I was able to change my behavior for the outcome of more attractive hands, a more professional presentation.  I've read James' blog and seen his interviews and I appreciate the "why" in his approach.  What are the behaviors tied to our activities?  James' shares his journey, approach and own behaviors.  It should be a good read.

Book club talks with authors has taught me one thing- it isn't easy. The publication world is not what we think it is, or maybe not what it once was. I know how focused and dedicated James has have to have been for this day to have arrived. All the best to you both.  Woo Hoo to you and Congratultations. Enjoy it.

Thanks to Coach Deegan- today's blogt http://www.coachmikedeegan.com/it-takes-a-team/  reminded me of the launch and my desire to pre-order the book.  Made it- done!  I really appreciate Mike's perspective today about the extended team, the team behind us, not directly on the field.  

To be continued....a dear friend, colleague, mentor..often signed off this way and I love to use it too.  In my life on Newark-Granville Road this topic will be continued...I'll share more opportunities to engage with James, thoughts on the book once I read it, etc, etc...

No comments: