Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2018

Friendships

I feel very lucky to have the friends I have in my life on NG Road I've always said adult friendships are hard. Adulting is hard primarily because of the need to prioritize so much- family, work, exercise, time for yourself.  Dig deep into each of these topics and the days fill up fast.  I could work 24 7 if I wanted to and some days I want to. I'm fortunate to love my job.  Joe and I have a good marriage and we enjoy time together, balancing us time and kid/family time is something that takes work.  Our kids- we love them and their activities- the math never adds up, we can't get to every game but enjoy the ones we do attend.  These two things alone limit friend time so no wonder this article hits home.

As I coach my girls on their friendship, I hope to be a good role model.  I try to make time for my friends and enjoy friend time.  I'm all about efficiency! When I can mix friend time and exercise- bonus!  I take girls trips and value the catch-up time in a beautiful place.  I have friends that help me so much- listen, understand the demands on my time.  This article was on Facebook and I found it full of interesting nuggets.

https://grownandflown.com/moms-need-friendship-grow-older/

I'm working on being more mindful.  Recognizing and appreciating what is in the here and now.  Last night we enjoyed being with our daughter's friends parents that are our friends too.   A dear friend hosted a beautiful event that will help me on my efforts on mindfulness.   What a treat to learn with and from a friend, to be surrounded by her friends and my friends.  I'll wrap this up with a quote:

A man's friendships are one of the best measures of his worth. Charles Darwin

No comments: