Search This Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thanksgiving 2019- The Love and The Real

I do love Thanksgiving. I love the meal. I love the family gathering. I love the travel- I didn't cook much at all this week- thank you Mom and Sarah.  I love reconnecting with old friends. Hugs from the class of 2023 returning girls was amazing and I love that they made Friendgiving work for Clare with her travel.  I love the photos we capture and am sharing a few below for you.  I'm featuring the in-laws.  I'm lucky to have amazing in-laws that are friends not just family. I miss them already.   The planning to reunite is important, not easy but important.

I like to keep it real on the blog here so behind the scenes/pictures too.....

 Stoner Christmas card- maybe? We're looking pretty good.  The real behind this one- I made Sally change.  She had packed only a summer skirt. This year the girl cousins had a hotel room with the grown-ups. YES- love my father's philosophy- don't build the church for Easter Sunday or the house for Tgiving visits- pay for the hotel room.  So when we loaded up to go she was not Stoner ready.  Luckily she and Nana are about the same size and Nana's closet to the rescue.  It was a great night- dinner at FHCC does not disappoint. Dear family friends joined us and we'll look forward to the next one.  I love this picture enough to post it twice on the blog!
BIL Greg- my dining partner when we took over Rockie Pizza - south end! YUM, he was waiting on his cheesesteak! Not shown here- additional cousins- 2nd and 3rd/ 2nd once removed! Thanks Meg and Jessica!!

SIL Dawn- Turkey Trot kick-off, she smoked me. I was last but I loved it. Sally led the Leithuasers but Clare snuck in at the end. Peter rallied and beat Joe. I'm so proud of the Granville Leithausers and all Stoners for this effort.
Scott and Ann- SIL/BIL- we're married to brothers- say no more.  Love them and how we find time to unite- Pizza-Giving was what worked for 2019 the day before our departure.


Cousin love at Pizza Giving, we missed you Will!


Other highlights!! Driving out- I put it on Facebook and it is true- I love all five of us in one car.  It isn't easy, the last hour of the drive is never pretty. Deciding on where we'll stop/do drive-thru for dinner- geeze. But we make it work and we're together. I've loved it from spring break Florida drives and when they were babies and I'd take the 3 Leits for grandparent visits.  It matters, it mattered, it worked- they have great relationships with family and it makes a difference in our life on Newark-Granville Road and a big reason I love Thanksgiving and gives plenty of real to share.

No comments: