Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 Final Post: Top Posts with Updates and Plans!

How to end 2019 on the blog?  How about recap and follow-up to the top posts? What did readers read the most?  What is the update connected to the topics? What is ahead for these topics in to 2020? Here you go:

  • Derby 2019- most hits- and it was a great one! Oh the fun we had celebrating Clare and bringing together great folks for this annual party. The amazing partnership to execute!  The race itself had the wild ending with disqualification. Current status: 146th's Run for the Roses official glasses are in the house- Joe opened them as one of his gifts on Christmas. The color scheme- blue and gold, for Peter- Gville colors, Michigan colors.  2020- May 2nd- Peter's party- woo hoo! Know the derby party color will be primarily Red- for Wabash!  
  • College News:  Clare's Wooster news- the college search is always a hot topic. Update- she is so happy. We're proud of her good work and sharing and observing her growth. She has made dear friends from all over including California.  Her success in the classroom can be attributed to her hard work and good time management, engagement with professors, Granville HS prep and what we love about the liberal arts: communication, inquiry, challenge, ah-has, reading, analyzing, trying new things, and so much more. Please ask her about it! 2020 will bring excitement with the lacrosse season kicking off a few days upon her return- she cannot wait! Wooster plays Denison on April 9th.  She (Joe) is looking forward to her math class- the econ conversations last semester made me smile.  Peter's path to Wabash has had your attention and ours!  He is so happy about his decision and theirs making his 2019 ending quite nice. 2020- what fun we'll have supporting his start-up. No major allowed to be declared until 2021 FYI! 
  • The family that had the fire early in the year.  Thank you again for the love and support you shared.  Update- they are back in their house and doing great! We had such a nice time with our new friends a few weeks ago catching-up.  Granville is such a special place.  2020 update- my friend is reaching out to another family experiencing a similar tragedy.  We all want to help but connecting with others that have walked the walk is important. I was able to help Nandi connect with Jeanine who helped in ways I could not.  People helping people that is what the blog tries to do.
  • Travel- our Spring break trip to Zion National Park with Vegas and Bryce was a popular read. We look back on it fondly and know we want to return someday to do the Narrows Hike!  Vegas- not in any hurry.  2020 update- we planned and are booked for Spring Break. Lesson from last year- don't wait.  We waited and flights were so high and that is why we went to Vegas in 2019. Last year we wanted baseball spring training, this year- we go see the Nationals- Peter's team.  Bonus- they play in south Florida- Palm Beach. Hello Lilly P!  I'm also headed to Keys for work this year. I anticipate a few posts from this area in the new year.
  • Books!  No surprise- 2019 had so many great reads and 2020's pile excites me.  I value and hold dear discussions and time with book club members- two groups. Santa helped- Molly O'Neil (DU alum) memoir was in my stocking.  Reading on break: Scott Hylbert's Task Lyst. Yes, two DU alums on the pile!

  • Ankle- last year at this time I was in surgery recovery- Dr. Berlet is my hero.  He fixed what didn't go well after the break of my right ankle due to a fall- my mobility limited. 2019 recovery has been great. Update- I went ice skating! I wear heals. I climbed the mounds to take the swings. I made a new friend- the Berlets are Denisonians, inspiring and I was lucky to meet the whole family in 2019! 2020 more action and a return to the tennis court, without giving up golf- more golf. 
  • Construction! We have a screened-in porch and with that new walls and windows for the kitchen all thanks to John Hays Construction, Joe and friends supporting the journey.  This is a dream come true!   Updated- painting, staining, sanding, furniture in progress. 2020- landscaping and fabric- goal in true use by Derby!
Of course,  there was so much more involving family and friends in this very special life on Newark-Granville Road.  Sally, Lucy, Joe, camp, Denison, philanthropy, pumpkins all repeated words making life on Newark-Granville Road so special in 2019!  Thank you for sharing 2019 with us! Happy start to 2020 to you and your family.

PS- The official final post of 2019 was to be "Leithauser end of year/new year/ in place of Christmas-Holiday card".  I had a plan and not surprising in my life on Newark-Granville Road there is now a plan B.  The cards I ordered- I sent to my sister in Maryland.  I won't bore you with why- I goofed.  I  designed the card and let it wait to check errors and have the kids weigh in- the mistake was me hurrying to get them here.  I had grand plans of starting 2020 working on the cards- sending out our New Year's greetings as close to day 1, 2020 as possible.  Oh well.  Future post!

No comments: