Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter 2020

I'm missing life on real life Newark-Granville Road.  I'm missing the routine and family time stay-at-home gave us.  I'm in the right place, this time with my parents as my father's life draws to an end is a gift.  Yesterday, was one of the beautiful and really hard days. Yesterday evening was a day with tears, uncontrollable, unstoppable, cleansing tears. It was needed. It wasn't the first since we entered this chapter or stage and it won't be the last. As I laid in bed heartbroken my focus was- Easter is tomorrow, there will be comfort. Easter is tomorrow, there will be comfort.  And yes today pictures of past Easters, memories, music, scripture, hymn, being together, texts and calls, the light of Christ, flowers, chocolate before noon and a great sermon have been providing comfort.  I hope you are finding comfort today.   Here are some of the words that have put me at ease and placed me in a state of contentment.  I hope you are finding comfort and peace today.

Sunday Morning TV- ahhhh- watching with my Mom and drinking a homemade latte:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/timothy-cardinal-dolan-the-renewal-of-spring/  I appreciated the attention to the Christian and Jewish faith and absence of religion, looking to nature for well-being.

FPC- Granville- our church- in partnership with Centenary Methodist across the street- beautiful Easter Service-the sermon truly is worth a listen. I hope we'll be able to read it in the future- impressive collaboration with our two ministers!  
https://www.facebook.com/granpres/videos/281901389487885/    Scripture important component of sermon starts at 24 minutes!

And this hymn we sang together and was printed in our order of worship:

Hymn - In the Bulb There Is a Flower
In the bulb there is a flower; in the seed, an apple tree;
In cocoons, a hidden promise: butterflies will soon be free!
In the cold and snow of winter there’s a spring that waits to be,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

There’s a song in every silence, seeking word and melody;
There’s a dawn in every darkness, bringing hope to you and me.
From the past will come the future; what it holds, a mystery,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

In our end is our beginning; in our time, infinity;
In our doubt there is believing; in our life, eternity.
In our death, a resurrection; at the last, a victory,
Unrevealed until its season, something God alone can see.

No comments: