Search This Blog

Monday, April 20, 2020

LOL is what the doctor ordered during COVID-19!

Here are the funnies that have been so appreciated in my life on Newark-Granville Road during the pandemic and with my father's end of life season laughter is the best medicine! 

Pluto!!! Oh the first time I saw this little pup and heard him refer to us as the two-leggeds I giggled until I cried.  He chronicles the toilet paper hording of the COVID-19 crisis so very well! Some of my colleagues joined me in this level of laughter.  My children do not.  Now I put Pluto on to laugh at my children's response!  insta: pluto.living    or  Pluto.living on YouTube

John Krasinski performs "Proud Mary" by Tina Turner   https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=390199881580985   Lipsync fun!!    Quite a few lip syncing performances out there- some produced during the pandemic with local friends- impressive and appreciated!

For years now I've enjoyed these music videos - certain subjects make me laugh harder than others- is it the song they choose, the subject, when there is more singing vs ? Check out the vault here  The Holderness Family Parodies!  Today I call attention to "True Colors"  Holderness-True Color music video   I like the singing and the talking box made me laugh...hmmmm sounds a bit pluto-ish!?

Back to the art (previous post)  since comedy and video production are the arts I have not deviated from the subject!  Back to theater- a week ago my sister and I shared a favorite musical production conversation with my father- Sarah and I had the same- A Chorus Line! And the next day I was treated to this:  https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay/Must-Watch-A-CHORUS-LINE-Revival-Cast-Reunites-In-Quarantine-20200416   What delighted me was the older dancers with nimble muscle memory, real life locations and audiences- look for the kids when watching and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!  Okay I liked singing a long as well.  If I could do a tik-tok to this myself I would!

So I'm not really a stand-up comedian person- it is one of the things I should have put on the Facebook get to know one another lists.....but maybe it is just who is presenting  Here is another video that had me laughing and captures the real life happenings- like the stock market!!  https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeed/videos/163886261536915/?v=163886261536915

I'll stop here,  you most likely have seen these.  I will say I selected pieces I think are worth watching and laughing over again and again and while we stay at home that is a good thing in our life on NG Road!


No comments: