Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2020

The Arts are Alive- Join in and Your insights please!

Hello from Newark-Granville Road! I'm back for a bit: giving my sister quality time with my parents and giving me time with my family. Ohhhhh I do love my life on Newark-Granville Road.  So much to share, reflect, examine, confess....our "stay at home during COVID-19" provides much fodder! Today's post is about the arts.  And talk about an abundance of materials. I'm inspired and in awe of all the creativity and talent.  My father and I have had some great talks last week and not surprising to me he stressed the importance and how much he values imagination.  Today's post highlights that well!  Two things to share and encourage you to join me in marveling:

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGisfpteKME&feature=youtu.be   "Sherry" from Jersey Boys cast in NY- "stuck at home production"  http://www.jonathan-cable.com-Jonathan Cable- my colleague's son.  My colleague- sent this to us and said we could share.  I just loved it.  I love the music, the peek in to NY homes/apartments, streets, personalities.  What a lovely gift for us all and an important message at the end. THANK YOU to all those going out to keep us safe and keeping our life as normal as possible.  Enjoy!

Can't go to The Works? The Works is coming to you thanks to Facebook!  Let’s make our own remote cocktails by the fire today and enjoy Kathryn Starr's amazing work.  The show is titled "Just Wingin
 It"   Kathryn's work makes me smile for so many reasons. I loved seeing her during February's Cocktails by the Fire! Ahhhhhh memories!  Spread the word please.

-Paper Assist! And last but not least- how are you accessing art - performing and visual!  I'm working on a grad school class project about the arts and culture subsector of philanthropy!  The class has been modified to include the COVID-19 impact.  I'm impressed by all the ways organizations are providing access- I'd love to hear about your thoughts and experiences- email me at ssleithauser@roadrunner.com please!

Life on Newark-Granville Road is rich and robust- even from home and all the more when you engage with me. THANK YOU for reading!

No comments: