Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Beautiful Birthday

It was such a wonderful birthday this year.  I'm actually somewhat sad it is is over...but it is not!  Birthday month.....a dear friend made me feel oh so special today- fresh cut flowers from Old Truck Flower Farm!  Check it out......I've been hearing about this place, been encouraged to attend dinners and such and voila flowers for me!  I just signed up for yoga there- ahhhhhhh can't wait. Then yesterday a dear friend delivered Fox in the Snow breakfast to me....at the DMV- BMV....wow! Sally has her permit- woo hoo- an hour of waiting before opening paid off, only 1 1/2 of processing.  Now she is with Nana in Maryland for family time!!

Birthday documentation for the blog, I was spoiled and treated by tradition and special times. It launched with lake time and dear sweet flag cake/jello cake.  A question mark candle was perfect- how old am I? Such a treat to have time at Apple Valley with friends and family and seeing Joe's parents! The actual day started with worship- in person- outside worship! Thank you to all that made that possible- I really needed it, didn't realize how much until I sat there and shed a few happy, relief tears. Part of it was for dear Trip Porch- it was a component of his send-off and why we were in town. The day transitioned to an exceptional meal at a gorgeous table with family, then church family time with a parade,  next nothing like a float in the pool and hang out time with dear friends wrapped up with family dinner and getting to have my Mom here.  Gift opening was fun and I hold off until the end of the day- beautiful gifts wrapped- the anticipation is highlighted by birthday envelope decor on the mantle.   I recognize how blessed and loved I am and my birthday puts a big old sunbeam on it...cheesy I know...maybe the better said it is like a rainbow- the light of love radiates and creates incredible colors that delight and pleases and provides a sense of awe.  The actions dear friends and family take to make me feel special is almost overwhelming and so appreciated.  Special shout out to the friend that knocked on the door at the end of the evening and had Peter place before me- peonies...can you believe it- peonies in July- ahhhhhhh- amazing!  Yes, Life on Newark-Granville Road is like Facebook- not perfect but shines bright for birthdays!  Thank you for reading and sharing my new year launch!

Life is hard right now- I see both sides on so many things.  I want to stay home but it just isn't me. I'm limiting or trying to limit where we go and what we do. When I do go out I do wear my mask and hope my family is too.  (Yes I am enjoying the new approach to masks and love the gingham one I received for my birthday!!) I am supporting and working toward appropriate actions when we gather- book club is still zooming- work is working hard to move forward safely....I was thinking I'd do a whole blog post on happy medium.  Thank you to my friend who helped me think through the guilt I can feel about my beautiful life.  In particular, as we think about race relations and as I study philanthropy and it's purpose.  Did I mention I finished my mid-term early so I could enjoy my birthday weekend!! I'll end with that happy thought- learning, growing, celebrating with good people as I go around the sun- life on NG Road is beautiful.




No comments: