Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Being together & alone- we need to do both.

Thank you Centenary Methodist Church for your beautiful outdoor worship today.  I needed it last week and I wanted it this week.  I love being outdoors and doing indoor things outdoors...worship is one.  Then add how it isn't really possible right now to worship indoors and I really value this experience.  And then you add a great sermon, fun music and special people- wow- that is the start to the week. Bonus - bike ride location.  Want to experience the sermon yourself?  Good news- it was part of the 10 am on-line service that you can stream here:  https://www.facebook.com/granpres/videos/286784222601719/?v=286784222601719  Note it says July 5 but I am rewatching it and it was the sermon and messages I heard this am- July 12th! Thank you Casey, Ellen, Janice and everyone involved! 

I also went to church today to pray and join in the collective effort of prayer.  I'm praying for so many in need and believe in the power of prayer. I'm praying for an important call for our church:
https://www.granpres.org/openinterimposition  I'm praying for transitions for many. God is with you and us.  We're all balancing science and faith- maybe not a faith in a God but faith in one another and energies. 

I'm also doing a lot of yoga to keep myself grounded. Yesterday my mantra was "be open" it started for my body- muscles and joints- be open...by savasana it was- be open to let the light in. Tt wasn't just the light but the grass, trees, sky- the green, the blue and the fresh air.....breeze was pretty nice yesterday.  Yoga outdoors is another summer happy- thank you Granville yoga-https://www.granvilleyoga.com/, Dawes and Flower Truck Farm (trying this this week) for the opportunities.

It was good to catch up with artist- Cathy Tietz Boring today....a little plug for doing art with her- I love this- you make it, she bake's it!  http://www.tietzboring.com/ 

Joe and I finally made it to Ghost Writer for a delicious dinner....probably the last to go but just want to put the reminder out there:  https://ghostwriterph.com/    We felt very safe- spaced out, plexiglass up and outdoor seating too- that burger- oh my...the kids give the chicken sandwhich a big thumbs up..it really is a treat to be served and we're grateful to all those working in public spaces during these COVID times.

Short and sweet today- have a great week- my advice from my life on Newark-Granville Road- find a safe way to meet with someone- be with somone- talk from 6 feet apart outdoors- listen and share- we need one another.

No comments: