Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Packed a suitcase and took a trip...off the grid!

I have now unpacked the suitcase...and the blog title presented itself....it was a good trip!  It was important to take some vacation time and be "away" and away.  We went to Maryland and Virginia.  We dropped Clare at camp- she is working for the family camping experiences (innovation @ Ghany!) and are now home.  Of course, when Lucy is back from the kennel we'll really be "home".
It was wonderful to have the Stoner family "under one roof" and have catch-up, memory-making time, and be together.  We're still processing Daddy's death so this year it really felt important to be together...even in COVID times.

Part of the importance of vacation for me is disengaging from social media.  A cyber vacation is healthy.  I did check email a bit but that was about it. It is fun to post after we are back to remember the fun.  I also read, read, read....two of the four books I took on vacation- completed.  One was for school- done!  One for work- nope.  The weather prevented large amounts of pool time- oh well.  The weather did not prevent golf time- okay two holes at FHCC.  I achieved an important goal on this journey- resort golf! I've traveled to the Homestead for years now and playing there was on my "to do" list.  I didn't feel ready... this summer I was ready.  What a treat to play with Peter and Joe on the Old Course...even in the rain and sun and standing water.  What a treat to play with Mom and Matthew at beloved FHCC- 9 with them then 7 with Joe and Peter.

We really did make memories- we laughed, cried, shouted, reminisced, planned, brainstormed, and were just together. We ate, drank, toasted, explored, worked, listened, talked, played cards, and were together. Life on Newark-Granville Road enjoys taking a break and that is what I did this week. Thank you Nana/Mom, Sunshine Stoners and Christophers, plus Clare, Peter, Sally, and Joe- I needed that.

7-30: And as promised more photos- some posted on social media this week to honor our time, some behind the scenes.....scroll down.  So grateful for this special full family time- all of us together just does not happen enough and I love how our kids all love one another. I cam home missing Daddy more than ever and that will happen. My minister named it the hole in my heart and it is.  However, love heals and helps, so do talks and hugs and good night's sleep.  Daddy is smiling and was with us- we heard many trains and took the back roads in last week's life on Newark-Granville Road!

vacation 2020- late night traditions.....and FHCC golf- thank you Nana!

Clare needed a COVID test- success in WVA!


Counsin time is highlight! We had to eat in small groups thanks to COVID-19.






Clare drop off to work for a week-CA Family Camping!

Camp drop off- clare to work.

Lucy had fun at camp- All Tails R Wagin- great care!

 
The rest of the story- behind the scenes- kids take care of grown ups!


No comments: