Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2020

I know it is October because....

We celebrated Clare!  Yes, our oldest had a birthday...a big one- 20!  She is so happy.  I did see her...for 5-10 minutes? I hugged her and delivered a Hershey's chocolate cake and a few other deliveries. Thank you to everyone that made her feel special. Her amazing roommates that made her Mac n Cheese and Broccoli!

It was time- we brought in the flowers from the window boxes and now the green house if full.  I kind of wished I kept the grass and put pumpkins there...oh well.

Pumpkins- yes the volunteer crop is a good one for 2020. The back 40 has been producing small orange, white and some little bumpy ones.

I am craving college campus activities.  Last year I went to Clare's Wooster game later in the fall and she did not understand why I wanted to come. I had missed Black and Gold weekend to support Peter's College Search.  I'm craving this type of visit all the more with COVID and 2020.  Honoring directives and staying away.  Wabash is open so we may make a very careful trip. Peter is doing great, Sunday calls mean so much.

Bookclub is back! Just had our Oct discussion about the September book- The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George.  We had such a nice discussion- the book was well liked by most of the group. We were pleased to have this light read that took us to Paris and river cruise to Provence! One member shared that it was a book for the sense- recipes, descriptions of sights, scents, tastes and feelings. I read it last year...did not have time to reread but I think I will.

School is in session and midterms are approaching...for me and Peter and Clare...we're all doing okay. I'm loving my History of Philanthropy Class. Learning, thinking, finding ways to express what I am learning!

Family Leadership Council- our meeting was a success! Big thank you to coworkers for assisting, coaching, practicing, supporting.  HUGE thank you to the parents that were able to log in and engage with us.  It was not the meeting we like to offer, but we made it work.  HUGE thank you to parents catching up with me over zoom and calls and even a few safely outdoors over coffee?!!

The colors- I do love the change of leaves.  I need to explore more what is happening with leaf placement on NG Road- signs, fence....where else....

Chili- da-da-da-da-don don don dnt.  Chili!  You have to be a Bluejackets fan to get that.  I made my first batch the same night we had Taco Tuesday on NG Road. The next batch will be better- I bought chili powder.  I made a way to make it work.

Wishing other great October friends/family HBTY-you know who you are- love you!

The uggs and sweaters are out, I'm holding on to open toe shoe and loving my new open toe booties....why did I wait! I also love my LLBean shearling (faux) flip flops. I do not consider them slippers...they are warm flip flops.

It is now truly Fall and I can embrace it.  I hope you are finding joy in October and the beauty, comfort and warmth it brings.

No comments: