Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Talk, Text, Schedule, Sigh- Communicating on NG Road

 How do you know where you are supposed to be when?  How do you decide which event to attend?

Who takes who where when? I added a calendar event- every morning- Who Takes Sally to School? and invited Joe.  Who goes to which game.  It was almost easier when we had three kids and had to rotate and spread the support.  COVID limits some of it, although how many invitations can I have for  Tuesdays at noon on Zoom?  Two again today!  And yes, silly me sometimes tries to attend two with each lap top and two zoom accounts "up".  I know I know I'm not actively listening to either, but I'm there.  I'm showing up. I want the coordinators to know I am trying and I want to get a bit of both.

I'm not asking for answers here.  FYI- the paper Mom agenda still is our preferred scheduling tool and Sunday planning helps keep me happy.

The answer in our life on Newark-Granville Road always comes back to one word...Communication. Communication is not just one thing. It isn't talk, phone, text, sigh, bang a door, cheer- it is all of the above. Its complicated, it is involved, it is frustrating, it is beautiful. Communicating is being in relationship and sharing and helping.

Thanks for reading and communicating with me! The blog is one of they ways I sort things out, extrovert, share. My communication style has always been to "put it out" and let it evolve.  COVID has curtailed that interaction and changed the way all of us are communicating in more places than home.  Work, school, church, with friends and family- we're all experiencing it, we're all in it together. Lets talk about it.

So much more I could share or explore with you here today. Duty calls. More blog topics for future days...just what am I watching on Tuesdays at Noon? What books am I ordering and where am I going! Social Media...ahhh a hot one...Joe and I need to watch the Social Dilemma. Social media as a communication tool fits into all of this...see so much more I could share and communicate about- but now I choose to stop and say- have a great day.


And why not share a fall picture of the past....my sister took this one, the pumpkin in front of the sally baby bump- 2004!!

No comments: