Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Granville Proud- Please Take Time to Watch the Film: Represent

Thank you Bryn Bird- for running, serving and being vulnerable- Brene Brown would be proud! Putting yourself out there for the election alone- then allowing this video/cinematographer to capture and share it- wow! You make us #GranvillleProud and put a light on so many other great folks:
  • your family
  • farmers
  • Melanie Schott
  • Michelle Newman
  • your campaign team and event hosts
  • Three Tigers/ Mai Chau
  • Two other amazingly brave, smart, talented women in great locations- so cool to visit their cities via this film. I lived in the Detroit area twice!
  • and so many more
Blog readers- take the time to watch this film, here is the scoop from the PBS Site:
Leading up to the 2018 midterm elections in the heart of the Midwest, three women take on entrenched local political networks in their fight to reshape politics on their own terms, in Hillary Bachelder’s nuanced, “fly-on-the-wall” documentary.  “Heading into the homestretch of this year’s election, Represent feels like a balm,” writes Monica Castillo on RogerEbert.com. “A reminder that, win or lose, there’s something to be gained by reigniting people’s interest in civil engagement.”  
Watch Represent here:

I was teary watching and value the commitment to our communities these folks have- past, current and future.  I have so much more I could say about elections, running and serving. Back to Brene Brown and her book- Dare to Lead:

Dare to Lead | Brené Brown

https://daretolead.brenebrown.com

Daring leadership is a collection of four skill sets that are 100% teachable, observable, and measurable. The foundational skill set of courage-building is “rumbling with vulnerability.” Once we have built these rumbling skills, we can move on to the other three skill sets: Living into Our Values, Braving Trust, and Learning to Rise.


In my life on Newark-Granville Road I try to see all sides. I try not to use the H word- hate.  I don't hate those with opposing views because I don't want to be hated for mine.  I can really dislike. I learned this from my mother.  (Bryn I love how this show documents and preserves your relationship- beautiful with your mother. She is smiling) I try to respect other points of view and vantage points. I will vote and respect those leading that are committed, positive, poised, learning, growing, listening.  Michelle you got my vote for this very reason, Bryn you too. And I voted for Melanie- two signs in our yard that year. Fascinating to see the point about one vote as strategy in the film. I remember our conversation about this Bryn.  This film is jammed packed and so beautiful...the whisper to your daughter about doing it for her.  Hand on heart and sigh...thank you.


Above all else- vote- thank you to those that did and those that will. and those helping voting happening- I talked to a student going to help with counting- awesome! Take care of you and support those that are vulnerable!  We all are and that is why Kindness must carry the day in our life on NG Road.


No comments: