Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Oh what a beautiful morning...and evening.....

THANK YOU TO THE COLLEAGUE SENDING THIS READ:

NY TIMES -FINDING COMFORT IN THE THE INBETWEEN SEASON

Please click and read.  Then I ask you, what is lifting your mood? This connects to my earlier post in the week about finding the joy!  So much else to post about but this is where I want to put my time and unite in this cyer space.  Today was beautiful and nothing made me happier than Sally sharing her thoughts.  It inspired me to anser the author's question.

What is lifting my mood? When the universe sends serendipitous messages...some call them god winks, some just chance.....and I notice.  In this 24 hour cycle, it is the "in-between season" or what I've blogged about myself..the transition time- the hardest/but important times.  This beautiful NYT piece: Finding comfort in the in-between season by Melissa Kirsch was sent to coworkers as the perfect p.s. to a meeting earlier in the week.  I read it and enjoyed the responses and links.  My fifteen-year-old daughter did not read it. 


My fifteen-year-old daughter is the last child at home, giving us our own in-between time as we look forward (yes!) to being empty nesters.  She is learning to drive and each morning drives to school with one of her parents in the passenger seat. Some times this is the only time one of her parents leave the house in a day.  Today was a gorgeous fall day. The sunlight, the leaves, something only the in-between time can provide as we have lush green sparkling with frost and brown tree bark's rich texture creating an otherworldly landscape. Our daughter and her parents have come to an understanding that we really will not talk with her in the mornings. She reacts to irritants with passive-aggressive sounds (door slams, grunts, sighs, increased radio volume) and her mature parents (better with coffee) respect accept this.  Today we navigated the drive well and then she said it...she said with appreciation in her voice: : what a beautiful day, it is different, I'm getting a Thanksgiving vibe and at the same time we all need to be outside today." Yes- the in-between time from the mouth of my babe.  This lifts my mood: sharing beautiful words, nature, and where we are right now in our lives on Newark-Granville Road.

And the evening ended well too- golf and then a beer with Joe and Peter. 100 Plus women...more topics to blog about or call and ask me!

No comments: