Search This Blog

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Blooming in February -2021

Keeping the love theme going for February posts...love blooms, blooming love...


The first pic I posted on Facebook/Instagram. These are Christmas flowers making an extended appearance.  The amaryllis is from Trader Joe's- the bulb simply in wax- how cool is that!  The first one I bought was low and felt like a dud. I bought another, I presented a few as gifts.  The 2nd one-shot up but didn't open for some time. The first one, the dud- opened low but beautiful. The 2nd eventually did bloom too!  Then I noticed other shoots coming, so I cut the dead/finished ones- I guess I deadheaded...and sue enough- more blooms have found their way to me in February! Poinsettia...I love to keep those going...often in the greenhouse.  So here is the greenhouse pic! I'll post this later on social media too. I like to share blooms in the winter! We all need the reminder and lessons of love and plants! A little green goes a long way about now in my life on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: