Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Valentine's 2021

Happy Valentine's Day to me.....why have I not blogged lately?  My poor, sweet Mac lost all ability to hold a charge.  Clare took it to Dr. Apple and no luck.  Dear Joe said....let's get you a new laptop and voila a few days after Valentines Day here it is.  Behind the scene scoop.

Why a mac? This goes back to when I stopped working when Sally was born. Three things I asked for when I left my professional world: a lap computer, we only had work PCs at that point, to keep my cleaning person- it is not my jam and I'm not that good; and to join Moundbuilders Country Club. I wanted to swim with my kids.  Fast forward almost 16 years and I think I'm on my 3rd computer.  The last one was Joe's hand me down.  The fun videos we found of it of the kids doing "news" shows!  Joe invested in the apple product to reduce the number of calls to him as my IT person.  I'm giddy, this is shiny and new.  And Joe said set up was pretty slick.  Life on Newark-Granville Road- tech scoop!

So how was your Valentine's Day?  Mine was nice.  We don't go overboard here- we have an anniversary and birthday to toast next weekend so we keep it simple.  I only sent a few Valentine's this year- just wasn't feeling it. COVID/midwinter/cabin fever/too much zoom blah.  Joe and I did get out for a lovely sunny hike/walk at Dawes! I made a yummy dinner and set a pretty table. It was festive and love-filled.  I enjoyed packages and cards from dear friends and family to keep my spirits bright.  We called Sarah to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY- love that birthday- what a great day to be born.  Reflected on that day oh so long ago...haha...my dear Dad took Matthew- to the neighbors with our cereal.  Then he took Mom to the hospital.  It must be one of my first memories. I remember it so well- the revolving door of people taking care of us until Dad and Gaga could get to us. I remember Daddy sharing the bay-bee's name- Sarah Catherine. I repeated it and liked it.  Oh what would life be like on Newark-Granville Road without calls and texts from Sarah, visits to Granville, Baltimore, Hagerstown....love to boo-boo!the snow is pretty. Sally is ready to go back to school- snow days are not as fun when in abundance and not really a day off.  Oh life is changing, growing, evolving, transfiguration...church sermon was great Karen...to be continued!



No comments: