Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Making time to celebrate- Birthday, Anniversary, Lent and then Study Time!

What procrastination looks like in my life on Newark-Granville Road. 

-Setting a pretty table! Then blogging about it.

Behind the picture: table cloth was our cake table cloth at the wedding! The tartan taffeta also was the bridesmaid's skirts and a number of other fun accent pieces.  The Birthday plate is still going strong- Sally said- tomorrow is Daddy's birthday- why is it out now. My reply- I'm getting ready and it is festive.  The roses- you know sweet Joe gives me my wedding bouquet every year.  Granville's Village Flower Basket does such a great job. The china is Spode- I picked out for our registry - I still adore it.  Works HATSOFF to the Races glasses...and finally the FPC Lenten bag candles will be lit as part of our dinner and blessing.

So what am I procrastinating? What do I need to get to....school work! Sally admitted her helping me deliver FPC Lenten bags as part of her procrastination from school work too!  (Curious about the FPC Lenten bag- let me know- I have an extra!) Principals and Practices of Fundraising- Lilly Family School of Philanthropy- one class at a time until I earn my Master's degree.  The group presentation will be here before I know it.  Meeting tonight with the crew...I'd better get my work done!

But a big thank you to all the kind Anniversary wishes on Facebook. It was fun to go to the attic and snap some pictures from the album and post on Insta which then posts to Facebook.  We had a lovely day- lovely.  I had some time with Sally to get ready, then Joe and I enjoyed the Franklin Park Conservatory to find green, blooms, warm air, creativity, artistry, science, the smell of the earth comforting and congratulating us.  We wrapped it up driving around our old stomping grounds and enjoying Figlio's salad, pasta, and creme brulee- oh well it was a very good day in the life on Newark-Granville Road.


No comments: