Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Loved February's Love, Oysters and Book.

The month of love is coming to an end. I've enjoyed this theme in my life on Newark-Granville Road.  Looking back and celebrating in the now, sharing pictures and responding to very kind and lovely remarks on social media. Opening mail and sending mail...

Today I want to give a shout out to the Oyster love...Joe's birthday gift from me- oysters! We had so much fun shucking and eating these at New Year's.  I've been known to keep a good thing going and make it a gift. A dear friend made it so- switching suppliers to make it happen.  Then Mother Nature said- not so fast and the oysters delivery was delayed.  So we carried on with our celebration with crab instead...last post.  The rest of the story...the oysters did arrive and were cold and so we ate them!

https://www.rhodyoysters.com/

If you are looking for oysters- I highly recommend Matunuck Oyster Bar.  Have them shipped or who is ready for a road trip? me!  I hear the location is fabulous- right on the ocean. Some day I must go and eat oysters fresh from the sea...until then I will savor the days of shucking and slurping!  I also made oyster stew and that was a pretty good dinner here on Newark-Granville Road.

I'm looking forward to March and sharing it with you. Book club recommendation for you:

The Elephant Whisperer: My Life with the Herd in the African Wild by Lawrence Anthony- the Discussing Books at CVH group will discuss it tomorrow- March 1- join us, let me know if you are interested. We're still zooming for now. This book has important messages about communication and the value of relationships. This is the theme from my Principles and Practices of Fundraising class too..hmmmm.

Speaking of communication- time to talk to the college kids, it is Sunday. We're kept the tradition from my college days going- although now we do it on FaceTime with the full family. Certainly a highlight of the week for me. Take good care everyone- enjoy the warmer temps and get outside...I say that for myself!

No comments: