Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2016

reading blogs....going without my phone...life flashing....

So many good blogs out there, had to share..... one...http://whiteonricecouple.com  Have to try the recipes from here...thank you Maureen for the recommendation!

There are others but gosh if I can't put my fingers on them right now...will do in the future! So adding a few other notes for this post....

Last night I left my phone at work....and I liked it.  It was good to be at the swim meet without it. I talked to people, engaged and didn't miss Facebook at all.  When I picked up my phone at 9 am I had missed calls-nothing urgent or that couldn't be figured out without it.  I had missed texts- but same as the calls.  I missed Facebook posts- it is the nature of that ap- no way can I be in the know with all my friends....I don't understand the algorithms that put some folks in my feed and not others....

And today I truly feel as my life is flashing before my eyes...I have had two friends send me pictures via text from the past.  One friend sent Omaha days pictures of people I have not seen in over twenty years- wild! Another friend sent pictures from my wedding rehearsal dinner and then pictures from senior year!  Good times...a special Throw Back Thursday personal style!  Nice to be thought about in Chicago and Omaha today.

Life on Newark-Granville Road with technology and without it....snapshot of my life.  Thanks for reading.


No comments: