Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A day of strawberries with cucumbers and the call bank.

This meant yesterday I was able to assist not just one friend but two in pursuit. We also had strawberry shortcake - using my mother's recipe- Sally baked.   To hull the berries, I found the simple tool I bought years ago at Doran's when the Mommy and me crew headed there to pick berries. I'm remember so vividly those days- small children in two, activities to get us out of the house and into the fresh air or the museum or water or...basically out of the house. I remember the VBS days- the scrambles and friendships.  I'm thinking of you Mums and Dads at this stage right now in these times.  I'm so glad to hear the parks have opened. I'm so glad our Granville businesses have opportunity to make more money and those of us who enjoy a libation can partake- in the fresh air.

Yesterday I posted on Facebook Day Noche's news about their margaritas being available outside. This is just lovely.  Susan- you drink Tequila? I thought you were all scotch?  Certain days call for different drinks I say.  Ansemlo makes THE BEST margarita ever- the cucumber is my favorite; I do also enjoy the cilantro pineapple. Yesterday it was taco Tuesday in our life on Newark-Granville Road and a day that called for a margarita.  I made the order, took a bike ride and in no time, I was back with my bevie.

Yesterday was my first day of call bank duty!  I'm proud of my alma mater and workplace. To support students and families a robust webpage is available to answer questions about our return in the fall in the time of COVID-19 and a corona virus pandemic.  To take it a step further for care and data collection we have a call bank. Last week my colleagues and I were trained- yesterday was my first day "manning the phones". This took me back to Federal-Mogul and the call center- telephony 101. Important work and a big growing time for me- mid 90s.  I admit to being a bit stressed but thanks to partnership and support of coworkers all is going well.  I was even able to wash and hull those berries wearing headphones and being prepared to take my calls!

And the zoom oops continue- yesterday my computer said the microphone was not working- yes, it was!  Oops when I shared some good news with Joe about work the whole Rotary club heard it. Sigh. You'll have to ask me in person about the one thing and of course you all know about the bad music before the call with Denison's president.

These days are special- savor the sunlight, make the memories, accept mother nature's gifts and partnership. 

No comments: