Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2020

What to Call this...reflections, thoughts, musings..just me....


I took a day off yesterday.  It was a full week and ended with an upswing in work- good work but it took my attention and focus. On Saturday, I didn't reply to email. I left my phone and didn't reply to texts and it felt so good.  I volunteered at the Farmers Market, missed the march/walk/protest in Granville.  On my drive to the school I thought to myself: I wonder why Granville has not had a gathering/event? I didn't know it was happening? When I arrived at the market to work I was given the update since it was starting at the school and at some point, in planning there was to be some market engagement. When I left the market, and ran an errand downtown it made me happy to see the peaceful activity. 

I continue to be in the AND, yang/yang world. I'm pulled in so many ways. I never thought I'd like working from home. Never say never, now I do like working from home. However, summer is hard I don't want to work I want to go play. I remember this feeling when the kids were young and why I loved my five years of not working.  But I always worked, when I volunteer I work.  We all do. We all have commitments, responsibilities and to-dos.  Our COVID/great disruption situation that is all the more disrupted with the attention on race relations and inequities is making us all rethink how and when we do work and view our place here.  How and when we engage and socialize.  And many of us are in different places as we journey.

I miss social time. Thank goodness this weekend I finally had some. I've caught up with friends - in person- outside. I've talked with colleagues over a drink and it made me so happy. It feeds me.  At the market the hardest component was not lingering and having conversations with people. Being the market greeter and spraying hand sanitizer was the perfect job for me.  And those that are like me and needed some social chat time- I obliged. To the Nats fan- thank you- I hope you had a lovely drive to Maryland!  I visited "happy" special places and it really was lovely.

I'm on my screened in porch typing. It is time to make lunch. It was a productive trip to the store. We missed church, I was excited we would be home in time. Nope- 10 am now- summer hour- not 11. I was looking forward to settling in for the service. I can watch the recording later or even now but it is different.  I took the hour to catch-up by phone with two important friends.  Friends serving, working hard. 

This blog post has no profound message or remarks. I just want to me and stay in touch via the blog.  I'm figuring things out and processing. I'm listening to friends and family. I'm taking breaks and doing my best to find balance. To integrate work (comprehensive- not just Denison) and rest, play and focus, paddling and floating. I'm lucky to share this with Joe and the kids. I'm fortunate to have this porch and home and town and community. I love that I love going home to help my Mom. I am learning and growing and evolving in my life on Newark-Granville Road. Thanks for reading and supporting me.


No comments: