Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Tie Dyed World

Dear friends are the best. They are the scaffolding for my mother right now and I'm grateful.
I was welcomed home after my father died by dear friends with so many touches. The tissues everywhere are coming in handy this morning.  I'm teary- this world's pain and darkness AND sitting in light and beauty make it harder.

What to wear is always interesting to me.  Pandemic dressing has been fascinating and a fun source of jokes- yoga/athletic lounge...don't forget to put pants on...and sure enough, I am putting on comfy yoga pants often! I love that I have bright ones that make me happy and mean spring, blue and green with palm leaves, "slimming" black and then the tie dye...these inspired my thought process about what we're all dealing with before our current inequality events. I shared it with a friend and it keeps entering my head I need to get it down...

The ribbons of color- the pants I have are navy, gray, white, may look black and are all in subtle shades. There are fades and bolds and it is all jumbled together but it doesn't appear chaotic or messy- it is beautiful and attractive, imaginative and cool, fun, and elegant in its own way.  Then you look at tie dyes with mixed colors and our world keeps adding color! Ha- is that what these trying times are: color? They feel dark but again we're inspired to see the light, the opportunity, the beauty...at the base it is about color- color of skin.  How did this ever start...Joe will tell me and I will understand the need to survive and threat...but really we have not evolved? No, we haven't.  I have been watching high school graduations and am in awe of the diversity,  Then I see how we still cluster and don't mingle and I hate it.  What to do.  I believe in education and conversation and hope and tears.

I'm dressed today in a new red shirt- it is flowy and peaceful, reminds me of our trip to India.  It is loose and comfy and airy...it really isn't red but a subtle shade, it has decorative tassels- it is light and lovely and that is how I want to be today in peace but I'm not there.  Life on Newark-Granville road is good for me and needs to be better for others it can be better for others.  We are all tie dyed and need to be more united and connected.

No comments: