Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2020

Where to Be

Things are returning to "normal" and I know this because I had to pull out the Mom Agenda and update the calendar to know who is where when and figure out the how they get there.  I've been doing this for work, however family, life in Newark-Granvill Road had been pretty simple since...say March?   Sports are back:  basketball and field hockey conditioning for Sally.  Peter will ump starting Wednesday.   The Fall start-up schedule is coming into view: we received the official word on when Peter will head to Wabash, Clare's schedule will come soon and I'm supporting Denison families with their updates. We even were able to figure out Stoner family vacation.  No camp- sigh: they tried so very hard to make it work and I'm so sorry it did not.  We admire and respect all the efforts to keep our girls safe and developing.  I really cannot say enough about the approach the director Elizabeth utilizes to strengthen and develop the values of Camp Alleghany.

Looking back at last week I'll take the lessons provided- be in the moment.  I went looking for strawberries at u-pick- a tradition.  Slim pickings due to the frost. Oh well, it was a beautiful drive.  We drove to Maryland to help my Mom with IT support and I was able to take vacation time and be on the golf course.  The golf course provides the lesson to be in the moment similar to the yoga mat and I am grateful. I'm grateful for the walks and talks and moments to breathe in what nature provides.  I played three days in a row this weekend- wow.  Joe did the driving this trip and I was able to do my reading for school and take in the Denison Magazine! Good moments.

Summer officially arrives this week! This gives me something to look forward to as I love the summer solstice.  We'll also watch the Belmont- I've been waiting, I thought it was this weekend. Until then there is good work to do, places to go, and meals to cook right here in my life on Newark-Granville Road.



No comments: