Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2020

Business, Stories and a little music: Ways to Give and Father's Day 2020

Business First, important FYIs to share:

Granville has a new emergency notification system sign-up here: https://www.granville.oh.us/  the Granville web page- village and township residents participate.  I signed up today- keep scrolling and enter your preferences phone, text and email.

New to when you give blood- COVID-19 antibody testing is part of the process. Sign up here https://www.redcrossblood.org/    Are you like Joe and think...maybe you had it when you had the icky flu before we even knew about COVID-19?  Like to give blood and  help our world and know there is another way to help.  Thank you to all that are considering this!

And speaking of donations- I hope you will read about Diane's Kidney Quest and consider this type of gift. I'm thinking about it. Diane is a special, kind, active friend, mother, wife, daughter, sister- we need to keep her going! And no doubt there are many in need.  More information here: https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/transplant/living-kidney-donation?fbclid=IwAR1NNkPIoWpxL1ciOxj0-EfbDOoi7gawlnZBSrUCNcdRd_ceRg_hNxwpGZk

Okay, now the fun stuff...the rest of the story about my FB Father's Day post and the backstories of course!  We're always interested in what the kids are up to "these days".  Don't we wish we had invested in netflix when we would say- what are you doing up there? "netflix' was the answer.  Lately, it is "podcasts" and so Joe found a podcast for a car ride and the first one they all loved!  It was about sports which made them sigh...but it pulled them in as it was about 10 cent beer night at an Indian's game.  10 Cent Beer Night- Hall of Shame podcast  When Joe saw Homage had tshirts celebrating the event- bam- ordered!  And so sweet he even planned when he would present these to the kids going away to college.  Homage 10 cent beer Tees    Now....fast forward to a week or so ago....Clare says to me after dinner one night in our life on Newark-Granville Road....hey, I have a great idea for Dad for Father's Day. Let's get him....a 10 cent beer tee-shirt!  I smiled and said that is a great idea- go for it!  Unfortunately, the Homage order did not arrive.  Sally thought hmmm I know I saw a Homage package- maybe that was it.  And she went ahead and opened it.  The night before Father's Day Clare pulled me into her room...Mom, we're so confused. There was this Homage package Sally found but it has two shirts and it was addressed to Dad- this doesn't make any sense.  I smiled again and said- come with me.
The kids all gathered and shared with Joe their plans and he revealed his.  The actual gift was delayed but the sweet sentiments and chuckles in my life on Newark-Granville road made it blog-worthy.
Here is a pick from our breakfast out- our first since COVID-19 launched- a great morning at the Aladdin.

I'm a lucky one- great Dads in my life- my partner Joe, his Dad and my own Dad. Plus so many I enjoy seeing father and help me and my children in fatherly ways. I miss our Pap, my Daddy. I think of him often and grateful for the care that continues to come my way knowing I'm living with grief.  We're talking about it and living his legacy. Enjoy a favorite song that popped into my head while writing this blog. Allison Krauss and Union Station- The Lucky One

No comments: