Search This Blog

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Blessings- looking beyond and keeping it real- sharing is caring.

COVID -19 or Salmonella- the dishwasher decided this was the weekend to break. We can't blame it- it has been running nonstop since March.   Good news- a black Friday special got us a deal, a new one will be installed a week from Wednesday. Blessing- in our life on NG road we'll learn how to appropriately wash and sanitize dishes.  The fridge continues to have temperature flux.  Joe has been way more patient with Ferguson and I've hit my limit.  The blessing I guess is not hosting Thanksgiving.  Sigh....I wish I was hosting Tgiving - it has been a long time since I roasted a turkey on turkey day.

We're watching 60 Minutes and it isn't helping the "mood" I'm in this Sunday.  The story about the missing students in schools due to COVID?  Way too many - way too many and certainly COVID isn't the only reason.  My kids are not missing school. And then the story about those having extended issues post COVID diagnosis- concerning- but just as concerning was the announcement that one of the doctors (who looked young and healthy) interviewed died of a heart attack after filming the story.  This will be a show I watch again and I hope you will as well- let's discuss: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/public-school-enrollment-coronavirus-pandemic-60-minutes-2020-11-22/

COVID is serious, we're taking it seriously on NG Road and beyond. I also want to take seriously the missing kids at schools around the county, the other health issues that kill in large numbers: heart disease, cancer, mental health implications.   Mama said there would be days like this.  Days like this make earlier days in the weekend all the more meaningful- being outdoors and catching up with my dear sister-in-law- a date that had been pushed back due to COVID for months. How good it felt to be in church volunteering, serving- less than 10 - very distanced, with masks- but still there and finding ways to beyond Zoom!  Supporting the basketball team's early practice....easy to find the blessings in my life on Newark-Granville Road.  It is important to look at what is missing for others and how to share our blessings beyond our lives on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: