Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Moments- Here, There and Where-Time Away with Joe

Happiness is.....time away, vacation, a break, a road trip. It was long overdue.  This week it was time with Joe, playing resort golf, not working, being in warm temps, and even though it rained a fair amount and the ball did not roll it was wonderful!

I'm easing back into the work that waits- not Joe- he is out there raking leaves!  My school exam needs to be finalized, the PEO nut orders are ready for delivery and there is so much more...but here I am at the kitchen table watching Game Day from Augusta- wow! Now that is synergy, I wish I was a fly on the wall when that idea was hatched- well done!  Being on a golf trip, watching/listening to The Masters, listening to one of Clare's favorite podcasts- two episodes on golf- it all ties into a great package and made for a great week! (Hall of Shame is the podcast by the way.)

What an interesting world we're navigating, what a tightrope we're balancing, and have been. Who with, where, and how we engage- always with a mask- staying safe, keeping others safe, but maintaining mental health and supporting business and employment.  Joe and I recognized the deal we took advantage of was to keep the cogs of the travel world moving.

Life on Newark-Granville Road is in the moment today- here, there, and where? I am grateful for this chance to be at this table. I am grateful for yesterday's moments that provided relaxation, escape, joy, and comfort. Moments in the future to dream, plan, and anticipate.  What future courses will we play and explore? Holiday planning - the joy of giving and making traditions- updating, starting new, and prioritizing with care.  Savoring the past, being in the present, and mindful of the future is the future and not promised.

I also must acknowledge and say thanks to all that voted- the election certainly is providing fodder for our conversations on NG Road.  Our country really is the great experiment in democracy and figure eights of growth seem to be pulsing. I had not realized the timing of my grad school class- History of Philanthropy was so appropriate.  My final project looking at historic perspectives on Alexis du Tocqueville is enlightening.

No comments: