Search This Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Holiday Weekend- Two for One!

 The time has arrived in our life on Newark-Granville Road to say farewell to Thanksgiving and welcome Advent.  That means we are packing up the glass pumpkins and moving the decorative pumpkins to compost and God willing produce another volunteer crop!  It has been a beautiful weekend here with time to be family and at home. It is a two for one holiday weekend in our life on NG Road.  Yes kids we can start listening to Christmas music.

We're looking forward to being with our church family in person- outside-today to light the Advent Candle Trees! Well done Tree Committee and all involved to make it happen- I'm feeling the Spirit and grateful.  Join us at 4 pm on Sundays at FPC, on the northwest corner of Broadway and Main Street in Granville.  More info on our church happenings here: https://www.granpres.org/calendar or please ask me!

Looking forward to being with our Granville family to light the Granville tree at 5:30- same location- just in the middle of the street- median green space.  And this will launch the creative and safe approach to the annual Candlelight Walking Tour: http://www.visitgranvilleohio.com/candlelight-walking-tour  December is the month filled with light, hope, joy, love, and peace and I'm going to do my best to support and share these things that I have in my life thanks to so many.

As I think about shopping for the holidays- I've only done a bit- I'm a December shopper- I want to support local and I have to promote a great site for local friends and Denison friends! Granville Merch can be a great gift for those that love this special town, check out the Granvilla Pizza hat!!  587 Granville Merch!  And remember all of Granville is open and you can shop here safely- the merchants have done a fantastic job to celebrate the season- to name a few: Green Velvet, Cedar & Thread, Kussmaul Gallery, Readers Garden...I'm looking forward to exploring Newark and other spots in Licking County- I heard about a new spot for me in Pataskala while getting my hair cut last week and shopping the walking tour market over the next two weekends.

We will light our own advent candles and decorate the house as we prepare to celebrate this special time of year in our life on Newark-Granville Road.  Wishing you joy, love, hope, and peace as we wrap up November and welcome December.

No comments: