Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2017

Love and tolerance....quote for the week.....

Love is the total absence of fear; Love asks no questions. Its natural state is one of extension and expansion, not comparison and measurement.  – Gerald Jampolsky

This quote landed on my desk on the right week.  Technically it should of landed there on Monday, January 16, 2017- MLK Day.  However, Denison celebrates MLK day next week (1st day of classes need to have classes to encourage students’ return to our fair college on the hill) and so it is appropriate this quote arrived the day after and I’ll keep it for the week.

Yes, Dr. Jampolsky is right-Love is the absence of fear and fear is what is plaguing our world right now.  And FDR was correct, it is fear we should fear. Putting our energy to fear isn’t productive. When we love, we move forward, we grow, we blossom- as the quote says we expand and extend!
Life on Newark-Granville Road has had me back on the mat at yoga and this sentiment on love aligns with so much of what draws me back again and again to yoga. I’m loving myself and the good in the world. I’m trying to share this love with my family and friends.  Dear readers, love yourself and love the world and others freely so you may grow and expand.  In honor of MLK week on Newark-Granville Road here is a quote on love from Martin Luther King, Jr. himself….


I have decided to stick to love...Hate is too great a burden to bear. - Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

No comments: