Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

has its own escape

Often my escape on Newark-Granville Road is a good book, but at least once a week it is the aroma of the green house.  I'm not true green thumb, however I'm grateful for the opportunity to keep my beloved geraniums alive all winter long.  I love the warm, earthy, musky scent that humidity, captured sun and photosynthesis provides off the sunporch.

Spring Derby Prep will happen soon and we love the opportunity to get going on getting ready to be outside.  Window boxes are a favorite part of the house's appearance - accessories for the house in many ways and maybe this year well reuse some of last years flowers.

It is a peaceful place, my sanctuary at times, a place hat makes my life on Newark-Granville Road all the better.  PS it is also where we place derby party left behinds  a nice collection is there!!

1 comment:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love the smells and aroma of the Spring earth...we are finally being blessed. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart