Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

what are you doing right now?

What am I doing right now on Newark-Granville Road?  I'm looking forward to seeing my parents tomorrow!  I called them on the way home to report I had picked up our 17 lb turkey! Mom loves our IGA fresh turkeys.  Tomorrow he will brine and then my mom will help me roast our dinner.  This year we'll eat a bit later, enjoy the day of focus on family, fun and gratitude!

I'm waiting for my oyster stew to finish. I had left over oysters I just remembered while standing in line at IGA.  The Snowville cream I bought to make Tgiving dinner all the more scrumptious is a great addition to the stew!

I'm thinking about the future, I'm reflecting on the past and I'm grateful for where I am right now. Life's experiences and relationships give us so very much.  I have homemade sauerkraut in my fridge thanks to relationships and friends in Licking County. I have a husband and kids cheering on the Big Red basketball team, a daughter happily rehearsing on stage at The Midland, friends I'm in contact with hugs, texts, emails and facebook.  I have a dog at my feet and a good night's sleep ahead- my life on Newark-Granville Road is pretty wonderful.

I hope this finds you grateful for what is in your life and I'm pleased you are reading along with me tonight.  Enjoy this week and all the bounty around and stay in touch.

No comments: