Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Derby inspiring the blog today…..hats and decorations...

I do love a good hat and Derby gives such an opportunity to put one on…..I love a great occasion to wear a great hat- weddings, ground breaking's, parties that have themes that connect to hats.  My first hat was a navy blue felt Laura Ashley hat.  This recent Downton Abbey Season took me right back to that look I wore so well in 1984!  The hat of today for this year's Derby party- last year's.  I love it that much- white with the monogram! I may put a new ribbon/scarf on it- come to the party and see! I have a new dress- not new new but not seen at Derby.  I bought it at Keeneland….ahh a visit to Keeneland is another hat wearing opportunity!!  You do not need to wear a dress- it is the look I love, how I am comfy- there have been years I've stood in my closet 45 minutes before the party started and grabbed what I could find….what matched that year's hat.  My favorite was the Amy Hamilton hat I bought at HATSOFF in 2004….the dog ate that hat years ago.  I kept the pieces for awhile thinking I'd make a fascinator out of it.  So I was shopping yesterday and found a BEAUTIFUL hat at Anthropology!  The price is that one should have a number of occasions to wear the hat- not just our Derby party!  I heard a friend say she bought a fascinator- such a great way to do hats. Thank you Princess Kate!  The dog ate mine…I need a new one- fascinator not the dog I do love him.  He doesn't chew much but….  

While doing some work on Pintrest for the Works August 1st Festa Bianco party…I found the Derby Pin Board.  What great ideas. https://www.pinterest.com/brookedatz/kentucky-derby/ Sally is very interested in helping me decorate for the party. I'm happy to say we have no sporting events on Saturday so it will indeed be a family prep day!  We are prepping now- horses placed here and there.  The supplies rescued from the garage, basement flooding moved things.  Shopping lists and to-dos being checked off….we can't wait! Life on Newark-Granville Road loves a party and the Derby party is the queen of the road.

No comments: