Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Light and Love- Happy

Thank you to the Temple Beth Shalom- you welcomed us last night to an evening of learning, light and love.  As part of the confirmation classes at FPC- we're visiting other church/religions to better understand our own.  A car load visited this Reform temple in New Albany for a lovely evening.

Great timing- Hanukkah!  Happy Hanukkah to all Jewish friends and readers- the comfirmands were able to help light the beautiful menorahs - I was struck by the variety and artistic approach to many of these.  The evening was filled with beautiful songs, chants, blessings, prayers, honors, sharing, a story, community, acceptance and love.  Reflecting with the students I understand how it can be a bit "awkward" if this is your first exposure to Hebrew. I'm grateful for the many trips to the syn agog in my hometowns growing up and send gratitude to those families that took me, invited me to share in the ceremony.  Also sitting at the meals and hearing Friday night blessings and partaking in rituals.  Seeing Barukh atah Adonai is nice, but hearing it is a comfort to me.

My life on Newark-Granville Road will return me to a service at this lovely temple:  http://www.tbsohio.org  Clare was not with us last night- I was fortunate to be there as a mentor.  We loved attending a friends' Bar Mitzvah there not too long ago as a family with other families.  Family outings and adventures, traditions and experiences are key to this wonderful life on Newark-Granville Road!  With that…time to get a Christmas Tree!

No comments: