Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Merry Christmas-On the 2nd Day of Christmas Mama's Living Room came back…...

Yes we embrace all 12 days of Christmas starting on the 25th!  This year will be special as we will be here, I have lots of  time "off" and we jumped right in with gifts and giving to ourselves, our home and one another!  Regular readers will recall it was almost exactly a year ago that we arrived home from holiday travel to find our basement filled with six inches of water due to the water main break on the street.  Yesterday thanks to a caring family member it all worked out to borrow a trailer to pick up furniture we found at Granville Mercantile on High Street for the basement.  We moved in and last night watched our family movie there- not in the living room!  We also picked up a coffee table for the living room- a piece I've been in search of for quite some time.  It really helps complete the room's seating areas.  Life on Newark- Granville Road is using more of the whole house again and I am pleased!  Is the furniture what was in my mind?  Nope- but the price was right and function carries the day and it works in the space. We'll see where we evolve and how it all plays out as the rest of the wish list items and as decor is procured!  Yesterday had many many blessings and opportunities for which to give thanks. We are very grateful for the care and time together thanks to the light of the world.

As I reflect on the first day of Christmas sitting by the beautiful tree, that will stay up until at least Jan 6th, I can't help but think about our  break "to-do list" which is pretty ambitious and important- we need the garage back too and the rest of the basement needs attention and Sally is getting an updated room….and we're in Christmas mode with gifts to deliver, cards to address and mail….Putting it in writing is another step to success.  Piles- piles are my personal project on top of the house ones….it is time to take down the piles in my life on Newark-Granville Road!

Lets see what the third day of Christmas holds- I'm not sure we can be as productive as yesterday- what a gift and I believe reflections of the first day of  Christmas deserve their own post…I'll sign off and wish you continued gifts of Christmas as we wrap up 2015 and welcome 2016, thanks for sharing my life on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: