Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2014

fade out summer, queue the fall…...

Some think summer ends when the kids return to school, some think it wraps up with Labor Day weekend….not me, here on Newark-Granville Road I embrace summer until 9-21 the fall equinox! Of course some favorite summer things do come to an end way before that date-like pool time!  The pool has tried admirably to be open on September weekends but "fall" activities fill the hours that were spent pool side.  We'll do our best to keep summer fun in our busy lives on Newark-Granville Road!

Why- well summer is my favorite season. I love being outside. Summer activities are close to my heart and happy childhood times- swimming, tennis, hiking, picnicking! Today was an ideal day- we were outside from 11:30-7:00 pm…at the pool!  Yesterday at the lake even in the rain we swam and soaked up the fresh air.  Family time seems to be ever present in the summer with vacation, gatherings around warm weather places and outings.  In the car today Joe told the kids- the pool may close but the golf course doesn't….our new family activity discovered this summer.  Another way to extend family outdoor time on Newark-Granville.

Don't get me wrong- I like fall a great deal! I like football games, sweater weather, the browns and golds, fleece at field hockey. Fall is a time we're drawn to wonderful events at "the fair college on the hill" and I find red to wear.  I like those things when it is cool….October is my fall month and today is just September 1.  When I was in my last month of pregnancy with Clare it was the hottest month of the summer- Sept- she was born Oct 1! I like hot- but I prefer it at the beach and when I can easily partake in my favorite activity- swimming!

Life on Newark-Granville Road will embrace the change in season…when it is time for the change in season…I will welcome the fall activities that are here and gearing-up for fun and I thank you for sharing it all with me!

No comments: