Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

yes- a hair cut can make all the difference.

I heard a wise woman recently say- a woman's best friends are her hairdresser and OB/GYN. YES my life on Newark-Granville Road confirms this!! I have to say the person I really wanted to see after HATSOFF! fun was my hairdresser!!

There are lots of ways to relax and rewind- sitting in Beth's chair today was a good one!  I didn't mean to grow my hair out- it just happened. I missed an appointment in August due to a HATSOFF! meeting and never rescheduled.   I decided it was fine as I'd get my hair put up for the 1882 theme- seen the pictures- that didn't happen. So the first thing I did on Monday morning was text Beth and say please get me in.  She didn't disappoint.

I also had made the decision weeks ago that as soon as HATSOFF was over I'd be cutting my hair- no need for pony tail and the length just takes too long in the morning.  So today I walked in and said do what you want.  I looked at some photos for inspiration and she did her magic.

I have fond memories of doing this- growing to cut shorter.  I did it after my junior year at Denison. I did it while I worked at Denison after Peter was born.  That feeling of hair falling out post pregnancy drove me to it.  I did it not long after going back to work at The Works as the long haired head shot really isn't me.

Life on Newark-Granville Road will have faster mornings now, or allow me to stay in bed or at the gym a bit longer- hooray!  Keep a look out for the shorter haired Susan on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: