Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2015

shopping local

What a lovely day of shopping local yesterday for us!  While on holiday with the Stoner family we followed my mother's suggestion and headed to Greencastle, PA- the town we've driven through for years.  A population of 4,000 (smaller than Granville) it was an impressive offering of shops to delight the Stoner women!  We made it a girls trip with my sister, sister in law, Mom and me. Let Christmas shopping commence!  The ELM Men's store- old school department store- had just what we needed.  For year's I've struck out when shopping for my Dad- not this year! 

We also had the best lunch at an organic cafe- Pure and Simple. We shared a shrimp bisque that was incredible, a roasted Chicken Salad wrap and pizza that were quite tasty.  The smoothie and juice selections quite tempting and impressive. Lots of space in a renovated store front with tile and tons of charm.

The stationary store has added a gallery and coffee/tea components.  Fantastic offerings of cards, gifts, novelties- we all purchased there!  Inner Beauty, antique shops- one with added greens and arrangements provided much inspiration!  ELM Shoes has kept the kids in shoes for years- Nana always delighted us by making sure the kids had good shoes when they visited for an extended trip. No longer offering kid shoes- the adult shoes selection combined with the service made for an exceptional experience.  No need to take a number- we were treated with care and it was delightful! When was the last time I had a clerk put a shoe on my fit and help me think well about fit.  Ahhhhh

Shop local- not only on Shop Local Saturday everyday- where ever you are at home or away.  I look forward to fine tuning my Christmas list and enjoying what Licking County has to offer!  Life on Newark-Granville Road encourages you to support those wonderful entrepreneurs supporting our communities and making a shopping experience like yesterday possible!

No comments: