Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2017

Happy Anniversary to Us!

The West Quad, in front of Blackstones, Sanorbash and then an evening out in Cleveland with Rini. I remember these places and talking with Joe Leithauser like it was yesterday.  Lucky for me, he remembered these as well and thought to invite me to attend the Memorial Golf Tournament.  He did this by asking me "do I like golf?" and my answer was "yes".

The memorial date turned into a romance that turned into a proposal that led to a wedding eighteen years ago today.  I'm so glad I said yes when he called.  I'm so glad he supported my desire for a wedding and a formal wedding. He loved me and was committed to me regardless. I knew I was lucky to know him and that he was one of the good guys when we met at Denison and it was affirmed in those conversations over the years. Our long distance romance proved it true and it is all the more so these eighteen years later.

Eighteen years of marriage- the time has flown.   I was the girl who planned her weddings while sitting in church. I had one for each season.  Our winter wedding was a dream come true.  As we celebrate today I know I'd marry him all over again- summer, spring or fall.  I'm so lucky to have this love, his love, our love.

My life on Newark-Granville Road is what it is because of that love, commitment, and partnership.  He's an amazing father to our children, born of our love.  Our marriage comes first as he follows the advice my father always shared- the best gift a father can give his children is to love their mother.  I'm indeed loved.  Happy Anniversary to us on this twentieth day of February in our lives on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: