Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Intentional Acts of Kindness

I want to do a quick post to thank all those that help me with when I'm on my scooter or crutches.  The other day I was in a building on campus and needed the elevator. Scooting down three flights of glass stairs wasn't something I was dressed to do to get to a training/presentation.  A kind colleague recognized my plight and suggested a solution- the service elevator.  This colleague has been in my shoes, or better said on my scooter.  This was a true intentional act of kindness and I wanted to say thank you.  All those driving me- and of course I'm not just a pick-up.  When someone gives me a ride, they come in, carry my books (or basket) and load my scooter and crutches. They move slowly with me to ensure I don't fall down the stairs or better said- are there to pick me up if I do fall.  Joe does this daily, the kids help often and my teammates have all added Susan logistics are a daily component.  I'm grateful, humbled and honored.

Life on Newark-Granville Road- some day I'll return the favor.  I laugh, cry, and share with you and so many I hold dear and value for their care and time.

No comments: