One month from today…..or per the Kentucky Derby Website- 29 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes…..http://www.kentuckyderby.com check it out for the most up to day count down to the 140th Run for the Roses……details are in the works for this annual event at 1142 Newark-Granville Road. I hope you will join us…here is what you need to know for 2014…..
1. Once invited always invited! We invited all of our wedding party in 1999 you never know who will show with their julep cup!
2. Party start time 4:30 this year…..come when you can- race is 6:24 ish……some say the party before is the most fun, some say it is more fun after….every year a bit different.
3. Bring the rain boots- help us ward off the rain/snow flurries and know the yard is filled with mud due to the Sewer Tap in project- fun fun!
4. Bring a dish to share…finger food- sweet or savory….we'll have the traditional drinks!
5. Friend and families welcome- kids have fun just playing
6. Not sure about the music yet- in the works- have a band that wants to play let us know!
7. start shopping or undusting your hats…..we love when you wear one- baseball, wide brim, fascinator….
We'll keep you posted- hope to see you on the 1st Saturday in May- May 3, 2014 for our annual event!