Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

driving, soaking in the sun and saying thanks!

Facebook has told me it is nurse appreciation day and education appreciation day- or maybe it was week- regardless- THANK YOU! the care these professionals provide my family and me deserve big kuddos.  Teachers in particular.  All three children have teachers making quite a difference in their lives and education and I'm grateful.

Today was life was all about driving…I went to Columbus for HATSOFF! duty and Buy-A-Brick duty for The Works.  I'm thrilled to bring back these special items that play key roles in development work at The Works.  Future blogging opportunity for sure!!

Once back I switched cars and got the convertible to take Sally to Lax in New Albany- we were all like puppies with our faces in the wind- quiet drive- soaking in the fresh air.  Peter stayed to meet Joe for a run at the park and I had a solo drive home.  I took the Mike Stoner way home- a different country road path than Sunday's.  I found one of the most beautiful roads I've ever been on- a new one for me.  I have a goal to drive every road in Licking County. I love the scenery and all that our community offers and today affirmed that in so many ways!

Life on Newark-Granville Road is full- work in particular and of course 3 kids in the month of May- but it is important to take time to do the important things. Lunch with Denison classmate Allison was a true treat! Thank you Allison for reaching out and including me in your daughter's visit to Denison! Lucky me was also able to see other friends at The Inn and soak in a midday break.  The drive times were good for me too- lots to be grateful for on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: