Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

I scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream.....

A simple evening with a good dinner and friends...the past beloved salad wasn't quite as good (the appetizers were and the cocktail though) and to wrap up a lovely evening my sweet tooth kicked in...what is a girl to do. Whit's was closed so I ended up at the IGA (Granville Market) picking up Jeni's....I wanted something unique and Jeni's delivered.  Something to share with Joe when I arrived home....Whiskey Pecan was the choice!  Yummmm.....and the good news I dished it up in ramekins and put a bunch back for another night......

Life on Newark-Granville Road has me sweetly satisfied- hope all is well with you!  It may also be due to the fact that Peter is home from his camp- happy happy happy- wanting to return, fine with not having a roommate, overslept one morning and did OK with his minimal packing by his parents- no food for his room, only $4 in cash, no phone, a small bedside fan.  I'm pretty proud of him and appreciated his hug and cuddle to tell me all about it last night- no blog last night!  I also breath a little deeper knowing Clare is happy and her cold almost gone- I received another letter, my sister received a letter as well as my mother- both called and read me the letters!  We'll wrap up a full fun week at work tomorrow- hope you'll join the fun at Music in the Courtyard 11:30-1:30 @ the Works! Velvet Ice Cream and Dad's Root beer will allow us to toast the joy in our lives with root beer floats- yes life is sweet on Newark-Granville Road!

No comments: