Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

chooses happiness.

So I woke up sad today.  It happens.  I know people think I'm happy all the time.  Usually I am- I do have a happy nature. However the kids, dog and Joe can attest this isn't the case. And occasionally I'm aware of when I just feel frustrated, or blue.  Today was one of those days.  I won't go into all the details but I can assure it wasn't just one thing.  While we started the day there were snippets of happiness- smiling at Joe's choice of clothes for his NY Fantasy baseball draft (beer corduroys), Griffey behaving so nicely at the bus stop (for most of the time), the realization it was indeed Friday, finding my Lily bees to go with my outfit....but none of these kicked the blues.  Driving to work in the bright sunshine, taking in the reflection of light on the river and color of the morning it hit me- wham- be happy today. Choose happy and that is what I did and it made all the difference.  There were times I went back to sad as I reflected on some things, but talking it out with good people in my life, typing and connecting with good people quickly took me to the happy place.  My evening with my girls was lovely- we had a mission and we accomplished what we set out to do.  The art opening was omitted to keep things simple and allow me some good prep time at work.  life on Newark-Granville Road is in a happy place today, thanks for sharing- tomorrow will be a very happy day too- it is daffodil day! I hope to see you at the Jacktown Pub!

1 comment:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I can not think about daffodil days without remembering Eva Montgomery...she was a wonderful lady who loved daffodils. And then I remember Jill Griesse coming into the central earlier this week ...and know she will continue to bloom as long as there are daffodils blooming here in Licking county. I think as we grow in age and experience...it is normal to have a sadness enter our fragile hearts...but I do try to only allow myself to experience the sorrow and then...remember everything I have to be grateful for! I am grateful for you! I wish you peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart