Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

had a too much to do, not enough hours, high expectations Monday....

yep- it happens.  I LOVE the book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" by Judithy Viorst.  My day wasn't nearly as bad as that...and it certainly had some high points....but I just didn't get all the things done that I wanted to get done.  And some things just aren't going as well as they did last week...last week was a very good week....so there it is- days like this happen.  We have ups, and downs.  I'm very lucky that I was able to come home from work and make it a better day.  Joe greeted me with a hug and a kiss.  Most of the homework was done. I was able to jump into the kitchen and cook and that makes me feel better. We sat down for a real dinner and I even made a quick red clam sauce for the rest of the week.  Home cooked meals just don't happen enough around here- we love to eat them and I love to make them and I really like it when I freeze and prepare for busy nights.
A friend who reads this blog told me she appreciates me keeping it real and sharing days like this.

It really is about balance isn't it. Life on Newark-Granville Road is a happy life but there are ups and downs and things can get out of balance.  Family dinners help restore that. Facebook posts and phone calls about really sad things help put things in perspective.  On Saturday I took a child to a birthday party two hours early...yep- had put it wrong on my calendar and didn't have the invite.  I LOVE the parents that welcomed me and acted like it was no big deal- those are good folks, good friends.  Some days we roll with our mistakes better than others.  Some days it is easier "to sit loosely in the saddle of life" (my mantra from Robert Louis Stevenson)...than others.  

In case you are interested the flavor of the week is "Almond Joy" and that is another little treat to help life the mood. Tonight was perfect- it was a great way to get us outdoors and in our beautiful town, saying hello and exchanging nice interesting conversation with good folk we were able to greet. I'm also fond of the quote "Face piles of trials with smiles, it riles them to believe you perceive the webs they weave"...The Moody Blues. I picked that one up in high school (Mercersburg) and it cares for me well, on days like this on Newark-Granville Road in particular.

No comments: