Search This Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2013

summer sing-a-longs......

A great woman put a fun post on facebook....."
Paul Simon's Kodacrome has to be one of the best, summer, feel good, sing-along songs of all time. What's on your list?

I posted- "Vacation" by the Go-Gos.....I sang it the day before I went on...vacation at work. It takes me back to middle school, walking on northern avenue and then other fun times.

The other day in the car Madonna's "Star Bright" came on- my kids were giggling at me singing as loud as I could happy in my own words-thrilled to have a happy song that I knew all the words....it had been an amazing day and this song on the radio was like a cherry on the top of it.

The other songs I'd add to this list are:
-I wear my sunglasses at night......Corey Hart....takes me to Ocean City Maryland and some happy times where everyone just joins in and shared the fun...that is joy created right there and then.

-Call ME Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen....thanks to the 2012 Summer Olympics- swimmers in particular....the world things that is a summer sing along and I do too! While running today it came on and made me smile, pick up my pace and think about doing this as a blog.....

The topic summer sing along also takes me to camp fires...loved being in Vermont at Naidni and learning "they say that in the army...the jeeps are might fine....went around the corner and left the rest behind..."  and camp...I have a whole song book of Camp Alleghany songs now thanks to Clare..."rolling over the ocean".....

So on this beautiful summer day I hope you will find a sing along to keep you happy even if it is just you singing.   Life on Newark-Granville Road will share this one last song that really is the ultimate summer sing along...so appropriate with "end of summer ball (I won't call it fall ball) starting today"....ah 1 and ah 2....

"take me out to the ball game...take me out to the crowd...buy me some peanuts and cracker jack, I don't care if I never get back....for it root root root for the ...Clippers, Red Legs....Cubbies...fill it in....if they don't win it is a shame....for it's one-two-three strikes you're out at the OLD BALL PARK!!!!  Jack Norworth and Albert Von Tilzer!

No comments: