Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

better with Breakfast…..

Amazing how good I feel sitting here typing after making breakfast for the kids and enjoying good toast.  Everyone says it, you read it and it is true- the day is better with breakfast.  My Dad would prep us for any test- ACT/SAT, my auto mechanic science of the engine class (Federal-Mogul training) with - get a good night's sleep and have a good breakfast.  It is Terra Nova week- standardized tests- in school so we're inspired to get up early and see the kids off in a happy, less rushed way.  I know you're all shocked this isn't the average morning for my life on Newark-Granville Road.

I wish I had this start on Sunday- the daylight savings, a full weekend took its toll on me.  The grocery store took me from happy with the weather, inspired by the talk to that annoyed, cranky person.  The store was full and the aisles had extra things all over the place- displays, shelf stocking, etc…it bothered me. I ended up in the check out line that took for ever. Then it turned into "one of those days" yes I get them- my family took the brunt of it. I know it was me trying to get too much done, in too short of time frame- burning the homemade stock down to the pan- was the proof and final straw.  Lucky for me some fresh air, friend time and a glass of wine relaxed me and I did get the good night sleep.

This morning I not only enjoyed my own breakfast and prepping the kids' morning start- I scrubbed the burned down stock pan.  Life on Newark-Granville Road is off to a good start-yesterday was a really good day and today will be too.  Days like Sunday afternoon give me perspective and help me navigate my life on Newark-Granville Road.

No comments: