Fish Fry time….but alas we won't be there tomorrow. Joe is out of town and I'm juggling kids, work and stuff…walking down for the best neighborhood dinner a family could find just isn't in the cards. If you are free you should go. Here are some tips….
1. Walk- exercise is good, parking isn't, fresh air is good for airing out the clothes. And beer is better consumed when walking.
2. Per air out comment- leave your coats in the car. Wear clothes you can wash- you will smell like fish fry.
3. Bring snacks, games, patience- you most likely will wait in line- part of the charm. I learned to go to Fish Fry(s) in Omaha, NE. we'd stand in line in the parking lot and snake into the church basement- it took hours to get to the food. They poured us free beer while we stood in line- yes 1993 probably…..
4. Yes they usually have something other than fish- mac n cheese for the kids.
5. Yes it is good!
6. you don't have to be catholic to attend
7. Can't find a seat- be patient people will help you- the back is where we usually end up
8. Make new friends- we always enjoy talking with folks catching up, meeting new folks that find their way to our charming special life on Newark-Granville Road with fish fries at St. Edward's church.