Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

cyber street.....

Hmmmm if I created a social media site that is what I would call it...maybe....Today I attended a seminar on the digital media world- fascinating.  I really appreciate the opportunity to attend and hear Gannett update me on what is happening in this world.  Sure I live on Newark-Granville Road, but I work on South 1st Street, I grew up on Forrest Drive, Apple Tree Circle, Greenleaf Road and Ridge Avenue.  I lived on 90th Street, 61st or 59th or was it 49th Street in Omaha....also Lake Pointe Road and Norwood?, 4th Street and Mulford...there are a few others in there too....

Today's world takes us beyond these physical places.  Today thanks to Facebook I saw the special at FHCC is soft shell crabs- that made me sooo happy and prompted me to call my parents and share. I rejoined Four Square and recalled the last time I visited Longaberger Golf Club.  Twitter put me in touch with the breaking news, inspiring survival and heroism in Oklahoma....I even ventured to Tumblr for the first time so I could share a young person's amazing experience in Senegal and was transported back to our spring break.  The youatube video I watched about an extraordinaire positive and happy boy who lost his battle with cancer and the loved ones that surrounded him had me in tears.  All of these things put me in right where I need to be in my life on Newark-Granville Road virtual and real- thanks for being with me.

1 comment:

SSLeithauser said...

Okay- update- visit to Google Plus make the day complete.....LOL- someone had added sports players to my circles...didn't know most of them....Peter or Clare...or sally?